COMFORTING WINTER SOUP TO AID MENOPAUSAL SYMPTOMS
Prep Time: 15 Mins
Cook Time: 20 Mins
Total Time: 35 Mins
This warming hormonal balancing soup is the perfect dish to enjoy whilst snuggled up under a blanket on a cold winter’s evening. Prepare ahead of time so it’s ready for you when you get home from a hard day at work.
We have chosen ingredients that are beneficial during menopause.
White Beans & Chicken Stock
High In protein. Women going through menopause should be consuming 59-102g of protein a day and including the important amino acid Leucine which can be found in both ingredients.
Plenty of Veggies
This soup is nutrient dense meaning you’re getting a high dose of vitamins and minerals. We need 116 essential daily nutrients to function properly.
Healthy fats are crucial for good menopausal health. A great way to consume them is by cooking in them.
Olive Oil for cooking
4 Medium Shallots chopped
4 Garlic Cloves mashed
3 Carrots chopped
2 Celery Sticks diced
1 can Cannelli Beans drained
1 can Butter Beans drained
2 Bay Leaves
1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
1/2 tsp chilli flakes
1L Chicken Stock (or Vegetable if you prefer)
Pinch of Black Pepper
1/2 bag of fresh Spinach Leaves
Crusty Bread for dunking
1. Heat the olive oil in a pan over a medium heat
2. Fry off the shallots and garlic for 2 minutes
3. Then add the carrots and celery and sauté for another 5 minutes
4. Drain off your tinned beans and add them to the pan along with the bay leaves, Italian seasoning, chill flakes, chicken stock and pepper
5. Bring to boil, then reduce heat, cover and allow to simmer for 15 minutes
6.Discard of bay leaves before transferring 1/4 of soup in a blender, whilst leaving the rest in the pan. Blend what’s in the blender
7. Return blended soup to the pan and stir
8. Add spinach and stir in until its wilted
9. Butter your crusty roll and enjoy!